dselect after install

I'm not sure if this is normal, or it is just something I'm doing
wrong, but I need to rerun dselect after Potato installation in order
to get every selected package correctly installed.

I remember having read something about it, and someone who needed to
rerun dselect four times to get everything properly installed. I
think, at least during the installation process, this problem should
be warned the same way it is done with LILO and its related problems.

I'm thinking on new users here.

Thanks

Pablo S. Torralba