Kernel Compiled, but have other questions

Thanks everybody for your assistance sor recompiling my kernel.  It now
works pretty well.  I have sound support, APM, and other stuff...

Now I have other questions...  I downloaded the xmms player in rpm and the
pciutils in tar.gz form.  I installed both using alien -i and they appear in
dselect, but I can't use neither of them.  Is there any way I can put xmms
in the X menus and pciutils in the path?

Thanks for your assitance...

Ronald