Re: How to get xemacs21 to display japanese characters in gnus

"John S. J. Anderson" <jacobs@genehack.org> writes:

> Pontus Lidman <pontus@lysator.liu.se> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to use gnus to read posts written in japanese. Unfortunately it
> > refuses to show the posts using japanese characters by default.
>
> You've left out at least one crucial piece of info: what version of
> gnus you're running. (Try M-x gnus-version.)

I'm using 5.8.3 and have no problems under emacs20 (20.7), well, not
after I installed the separately packaged gnus.  I have no special
gnus setup to enable japanese anymore (used to with emacs20 (20.3 or
so) though).
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development