Re: netscape security hole

reznaeous@earthlink.net said:

> > Please read the Debian Social Contract policy:
> > http://www.debian.org/social_contract
> >
> > If you want to see which packages do exist in Debian, refer to:
> > http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>
> I went and looked at that page, and lo and behold there's a whole slew of
> Netscape packages.  Just like the ones I've used to install Netscape onto
> my systems.  Oh, wait a minute.  Those *are* the packages I used.

Well, you looked at the packages, but not the social_contract,
specifically:

  5.Programs That Don't Meet Our Free-Software Standards

     ... We have created "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our FTP
     archive for this [non-free] software.  The software in these
     directories is not part of the Debian system, although it has been
     configured for use with Debian. ...

rgds-- TA  (tallard@frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.