Re: upgrade to potato; tetex-bin depends

Quoting Charles Kaufman (pupdog@chuck.phys.uri.edu):

> I've installed most of the 47, but am stuck on
> tetex-bin. 'dpkg -i tetex-bin' reports 'tetex-bin depends on libz1,
> which is not installed'. I can't find libz1, but tetex-bin's
> depends, in the package archive, does include zlib1g.
>
> Should I let apt-get run as long as it wants?
> Is there a libz1?
> Am I done for?

The way to solve this is to grep the Packages files. You'll see lots
of libz1 depends, so if there isn't a package with that name, there
must be a provides instead:

Package: zlib1g
Version: 1:1.1.3-5
Section: libs
Maintainer: Joel Klecker <espy@debian.org>
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1)
Conflicts: zlib1 (<= 1:1.0.4-7)
Provides: libz1
Architecture: i386
Filename: dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/libs/zlib1g_1.1.3-5.deb

I hope that fixes things.

Cheers,