Help - WordPerfect still doesn't work (nor does Netscape)

I have managed to get WordPerfect installed, but any attempt to start
it gets an error message indicating something like "can't start binary
file".

On installation, I get two error messages, first that kernel 2.2.16
(which I now understand is buggy, but haven't had time to replace) "is
not certified", and second that the installer "can't load library
libXpm.so.4".  I have suspected that the fact that it can't load the
library has something to do with the fact that it won't run.  However,
I just installed Netscape Communicator.  The installation ran without a
hitch, but I get the same error message: "can't start binary file".

I'm running slink with the default (bash) shell.  I notice,
additionally, that trying to run the "Runme" script (as root) can't be
done with ~/.Runme -- I have to use "sh Runme".

This is starting to get to me -- any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Cam

Cam Ellison, Ph.D., R.Psych.

cam_ellison@uniserve.com  or cam@fleuryassociates.com