Re: dual boot with lilo & Linux on slave drive

At 01:02 PM 8/4/00 +0100, Wilson Yau wrote:
Can lilo installed on MBR of the 2nd HD handle dual boot at boot time?
If yes, how?

I'm not an expert, but I couldn't get that configuration to work. It really seems best to have LILO on the first drive - I made a /boot partition on hda, and edited etc/lilo.conf to reflect that. The Linux root partition is on the second drive, but the kernel image is in /boot, on the first drive. You also have to make /boot an active (bootable) partition with Linux fdisk, or some other utility. And run /sbin/lilo from root to update your configuration.

Torrey