Re: precmnd in bash?

Brian Stults wrote:

> Is there a function in bash that is similar to tcsh's precmnd?
> Something that will allow you to run a command before each prompt is
> printed?  Thanks.

I'll answer my own question in case it's of interest to anyone (and from
now on I'll always search for 5 additional minutes before posting to the
group).  There is a variable called PROMPT_COMMAND that will do it.
Also, it's "precmd" in tcsh, not "precmnd".  I hope I can handle my own
constructive criticism.  If not, I'll send myself a private rebuttle,
and save the rest of the group from such unpleasantries.
--

Brian J. Stults
Doctoral Candidate