Re: noise from monitor, HELP!

    Ron,

I have a 17" 'emachines' monitor. It was making some pretty heavy
noise too when I first fired up x after running XF86Setup.  I don't know
why but in windoz it was quiet but x was giving it grief.. I finally tweaked
the settings and cured the noise (Think I increased the res)..   I'm sure
it's probably unrelated, but I recall seeing upgrades to x the last two
times I ran the 'apt-get update/upgrade' so perhaps you need to
tweak things on ur end... Just a thought.

Good luck

On Tue, 01 Aug 2000, Ron Farrer wrote:

> I've been running Debian for years and my monitor (20" IBM P200) has
> been working fine with it's current setting for months. Now all of a
> sudden I get a VERY high pitched noise from it when in X. It does not do
> this on the console! It has become more and more frequent and is
> starting to drive me nuts (well more then usual :) I know it's the
> monitor because I can turn it off while it's doing it and the noise
> stops. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
>
> FYI I am running potato using a Matrox Mill. (original) with 8MB memory
> @ 1024 x 768.
>

> TIA,
>
> Ron
> --
> Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>
> Home:  <http://www.farrer.net/~rbf/>
> ICQ: pulsar 26276320

Jaye:-}

M.J. Inabnit, KE6SLS     e-mail      ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p
http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls            ICQ# 12741145
This mail composed with kmail on kde on X on linux warped by debian
    If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid.