Re: StarOffice

Adam Bell wrote:

> BTW, as long as we're on the subject...
>
> If you managed to get it to install, maybe I should ask you this...how do
> you manager to run 5.2 as some user other than root?
>
> --adam b.
I always install it using the  /net option and specifying to install in
/usr/local/share (just my preference--could be anywhere). Then log in as
the user you wish to install for and  cd /home/your_user and simply
running the command /your_install_directory/office52/program/soffice
from the user's home directory will install a network version for that
user. It only uses about 4.5 Mb per user, and allows for extreme
customizations.
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173