Re: StarOffice

Ed Cogburn wrote:

> Umum Wijoyo wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Are there any StarOffice packages available for Debian?
> > If not, can I manually install StarOffice on a Debian machine (Will there
> > be any problems whatsoever?)
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> I don't think there are any debian packages for it now, but that will
> probably change at some point now that SO is open source.  No problem
> installing SO 5.2 on debian woody.  Its a pig though, it needs 250MB.
I had no trouble installing and running 5.2 on a pure potato production
system. I am still pondering how to use the Adabas D database system. I
can not find any docs regarding the database, even on their (SoftwareAG)
web site. Any Tips....are appreciated. BTW: I agree with Ed, the
application is really a hog and needs to be streamlined and speeded up.
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173