Re: Starting/Stopping SCSI HD's

You want scsi-spin. I'd suggest getting it out of woody, in the scsitools
package. There's recently been a minor documentation fix done on it.

I use it from /etc/init.d/halt on my headless all-SCSI machine so I know
when I can turn it off even when I don't have serial console up. It's an
OEM drive out of a Sparc that sounds like a jet engine.