Re: wine problem

Thanks for the suggestion, but I fixed that stuff (and so got rid of the first two
lines--which look like warnings anyway) and still no luck

I still get

wine WORDPAD.EXE
wine: can't exec 'WORDPAD.EXE': error=0

cheers

Richard

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:37:23AM -0400, Richard Black wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to use wine--something that I have had no problem doing in
> > the past--but all I get currently are exec errors e.g.:
> >
> > wine WORDPAD.EXE
> > Could not stat /floppy, ignoring drive A:
> > Could not stat /cdrom, ignoring drive D:
> > wine: can't exec 'WORDPAD.EXE': error=0
> >

> never used wine before, but it sounds like
> you have no access rights to your devices.
>
> put yourself in group floppy, make cdrom user mountable
> in /etc/fstab
>
> --
>                        Thomas Guettler
> Office:
>   <guettli@interface-business.de>  http://www.interface-business.de
> Private:
>   <guettli@gmx.de>  http://yi.org/guettli
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Black;Richard
tel;fax:416-971-4159
tel;home:
tel;work:416-217-4350
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Algorithmics Inc
adr:;;185 Spadina Avenue;Toronto;Ontario;M5T 2C6;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:rblack@algorithmics.com
title:Financial Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-18400