RE: "Cannot find map file"

Yes but my kernel image (and the map file) does not reside in /boot.
It lives, believe it or not, in /dosc/linux/boot/, which is not even
automatically mounted at boot time, though I guess that doesn't make a
difference since the messages I get come before the non-root partitions
are mounted, but I digress. What should I do to make the kernel see them?
-chris