RE: dsl + pppoe problems continue. ( pppoe !works , here)

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Pollywog wrote:

> I am using PacBell Internet and I could not get the Enternet software to
> connect me.  I suggest you go to www.roaringpenguin.com and get the rpm
> package, then use Alien to make a Deb package from it.
>
> Roaring Penguin got my DSL working.

RP-pppoe handles it fine for me also. Used the source.

Note: It took me days to get this working but what a speed differance! The big
problem as shipped from Pacbell the Alcatel router was configured for ATM. Once
I got that figured out the system was up and running in 30 minutes! Now if only
Pacbell could keep their mail & webservers up 24/7!

Good Luck!
Mike

| Mike Nachlinger         BAC Travel Director |
| (408) 446-9914            mnach@pacbell.net |