mail forwarding

Hello,
    I have a 2 mail servers for our domain, both running debian gnu
linux.
The first one has a DNS mailexchange value of 0 the other has a DNS
mailchange value of 5...
i.e. all email should be pouring into the main mail machine for our
domain....
somehow though email ended up on the secondary mail server and I would
like to send the email in the mailboxes of the secondary mail server to
the primary mail server...
    How can I do that? I have so far not been able to come up with
anything...
shouldn't there be an easy way of postprocessing the mailbox files under

/var/spool/mail/USERNAME split the messages into the original messages
and to send them on to the main mailserver?
    Any help is appreciated.
Nakul