Re: smail says "550 You are not permitted to send mail"

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 01:39:40PM -0700, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Aha, smailconfig. OK, I tried reinstalling smail before and now running
> smailconfig, same error. Guess I'll try exim next.

exim is the standard MTA for Debian these days - in fact, smail was
removed from potato due to a number of severe bugs.

> > [BTW, could you please quote and trim your messages properly?  It makes
> > them much easier to read.]

> Not sure what you mean by this, can you clarify?

You should quote mails like you did this one, interspersing new text
with old and cutting any quoted text not needed for context.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/