X with shadow-passwords

Could anybody help me? I can't start an X session as unprivileged
user.

Using xdm neither unprivileged-user or root can login
Using startx just root can login

I read in the LinuxFAQ that it might be due to use of non-shadow
password programs (as startx, X, xinit, etc). Since I'm using
shadow-password "protection" in my system, I think this could be the
problem.

Does anybody know what version of xfree86 has this shadow-password
compatibility?
Is there any chance I get my actual version (3.3.6) to work with
shadow-password compatibility?

I really appreciate any sugestion since I'm a newbie-Debian-user (Is
this the reason why nobody answer my questions?, this is not the
newbie mailing list I thought )

Thanks in
advance.

Este mensaje fue enviado mediante Web E-mail de MegaRed
INTERNET POR CABLE <<<<<