Re: smail says "550 You are not permitted to send mail"

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:58:47AM -0700, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> 550 You are not permitted to send mail

localhost isn't in the list of systems that smail will allow to forward
mail through it.   How you tell smail about that I don't know.

> What gives? The only reason I'm trying to set this up is so that
> things like cron jobs will send email to root, as advertised.

Most things of that sort will use /usr/sbin/sendmail rather than SMTP
to inject mail, bypassing this check.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/