Re: Netscape E-Mail-trouble

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 02:05:53PM +0200, Marcel Karras wrote:

> I'm using the Netscape Communicator 4.72. (very slow) If I try to
> recieve an E-Mail then I will be asked to input my password. I did

Why don't you save the password?

> it, but after pressing the return-button Netscape kills itself. But
> I configured the Server-settings in the right form. (as I did a few
> time ago in Windows98) Is there any reason for it?  (there's no
> error-message)

Netscape 4.72 is the reason :)
It's just buggy. I wouldn't recommend using the Communicator for
receiving or sending mails. Have a look at fetchmail and some MUA
(Mutt, Pine, Gnus). BTW: the current version of Netscape is 4.73,
maybe an upgrade would fix your problems.
Phil