Potato Install Problem (Base System Step)

Hi,

I have been trying to install a copy of Potato, from last Sunday
(July . The install is causing problems - first it gave me a bad
lenght error when unzipping and installing the kernel and drivers
(drivers.tgz). I solved this by copying the CD to a linux partition on
another hard drive (not really sure why this worked...). But it will not
install the Base System. I have tried from the hard drive and the
CD, and each time it seems to be loading and reading information,
and then it returns to the install menu with "Install Base System"
selected again. If I select "Configure Base System", it says that
the Base system has not been installed.

I know that at least one other person on thi slist has had this
problem. Anyone else? Any suggestions? Would it help to update
the Base2_2.tgz file? Is this a problem with the installer?

Thanks,

JP

Montse Rue
JP Glutting