Re: [Q] virus susceptibility data

Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf@epkowa.co.jp> writes:

> Dear Debians,
>
> I'm looking for any kind of info on vulnerability to viruses on Debian
> and/or Linux.  Pointers to anti-virus programs are also very welcome.
>
> If I can't convince some people here at work, I'm about to be told to
> disconnect from the net or use (heaven forbid!) Windows for any kind
> of internet activity beyond our firewall.  And that seems to include
> sending email like this to the list.  Gack!

I'd like to say thanks to all the nice folk that sent replies (on and
off the list).  I'm looking into some of the suggestions I got and am
waiting for the network folks here to get back to me.  I think I have
a pretty decent chance of staying connected using Debian with all the
info I got and the backup of my supervisor, a Mac aficionado :-).  He
pointed out that it might be more cost and security effective to stop
using M$IE and Exchange altogether rather than invest in anti-virus
software.  I'd personally add Windoze to the list, though ;-).

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development