Re: How stable is WINE?

Hi!

  IMHO, vmware is a rather large solution to just running windows -
if you're looking for something commercial, you might take a look at
win4lin (www.trelos.com).  I have been using the eval version for
about a week and I like it alot - it required a modified kernel, but
once you get that done, it's amazing.  It installs very quickly
(windows media required, of course) and runs alot fo the windows
applications (starcraft, word, IE, mIRC, ICQ, etc.)  no sound support
yet, no "real" networking support, no DirectX stuff (as you would
expect).   We compared side-by-side win4lin running word and win98
running word and win4lin was actually faster than the box running
windows natively.  I give it high recommendations. Of course, YMMV.

Michael Janssen
(not associated with trelos)

Message from Cc debian-user@lists.debian.org at 18/07/00 08:01:38PM: