Re: [Q] virus susceptibility data

William T Wilson <fluffy@snurgle.org> writes:

> On 18 Jul 2000, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for any kind of info on vulnerability to viruses on Debian
> > and/or Linux.  Pointers to anti-virus programs are also very welcome.
>
> There are no anti-virus programs because there are no viruses.

The followup by Phil Brutsche says otherwise.

> There are a variety of security holes that crop up from time to
> time, but Windows is far worse.

No need to convince me.  Why do you think I use Debian?

> > If I can't convince some people here at work, I'm about to be told to
> > disconnect from the net or use (heaven forbid!) Windows for any kind
> > of internet activity beyond our firewall.  And that seems to include
>
> This shows a remarkable lack of cluefulness on the part of your network
> staff.  I wish you luck, but they appear to be so stupid that you will
> probably not have much success.

I wouldn't call the network folks stupid, but the managers are another
matter completely.  Not saying they are, though ;-)

Thanks for your reply anyway.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development