Re: PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO THE VP-CUSTOMER SERVICE

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 03:58:56AM -0500, Brian E. Ermovick wrote:
> Why are these lists suddenly getting a lot of crap mail?
>
> just curious...

I was under the impression that one could advertise on the list for a
donation (I forgot the exact price, something like $1000 American).

I hope debian doesn't lose money by me saying this, but if someone
does advertise, paying or not, all subscribers could add the address
to procmail or whatever and send it to /dev/null.  Any further ads
would then be useless.

But I have not seen any ads except the few that have lately appeared.

Anyone know the official policy on ads on the lists?

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours!
(Adapted from Pat Paulsen by Joe Sloan)