Re: kerneld message / Workaround

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 23:41:42 +0200, Erik van der Meulen wrote:

> After the reboot all seems well, except a message during boot:
>
>   kerneld: you almost certainly don't want to be running kerneld
>            with >= 2.2.x

Thanks a lot for the various responses. I did a: mv kerneld kerneld.old
in /etc/init.d and now things are fine.
I checked the ownership of the file, this was: modutils
Now I assume that this had been installed as a dependency consequence of
the installation of some kernel packages which I installed prior to
compiling my 2.2.15 kernel. Not sure which or if I did something odd or
if it could be regarded as a bug?

Thanks again.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>