Re: smbmount

zdrysdal@diagnostic.co.nz wrote:

> thanx for the replies, it is all working now...
>
> it is weird how a redhat Samba rpm package would have smbmount/smbclient
> included whereas a Debian Samba package doesn't.

Not everyone who uses samba needs both of those.  For instance, I use
samba, and smbmount, but almost never have occasion to use smbclient.

Consider:

A network with a bunch of Win clients using samba for their file server
(samba only)
A network with mixed Linux and Win clients using samba for their file
server (smbclient & samba)
A network where samba is only used to back up Win clients (smbfs and
samba)

I'd be upset if Debian forced me to install all of them when I didn't
need them all.