Re: Lilo-problem

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 07:27:31PM -0400, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> This line in your /etc/lilo.conf is what clobbered your /dev/hda1
> partition:
>
> boot=/dev/hda1
>
> What that did was install Lilo in the boot sector of your DOS/Windows
> partition and wiped out the DOS boot record.
>
> If you want Lilo in the MBR of /dev/hda you need to change that to:
>
> boot=/dev/hda

Thanks Tom and others who replied.  I am learning (although sometimes
the hard way) ;)

I have now also installed NT booting from /dev/hda.  Can I still use
Lilo or is it saver to use NT's bootloader, going to Dos and use loadlin?

I do not want to learn the hard way again.

Johann

--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082 898 1528(Johann) 082 255 2388(Hester)