OpenGL stops X

Hi,

I got some questions regarding mesa.
I have TNT2 and the newest (I'm writing this at
Sun Jun 25 10:20:38 JST 2000) mesa packages from unstable.
Sometimes, my X server (xserver-svga 3.3.6-8) stops
while running OpenGL applications like Quake3 demo
(linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86) or my own application using mesa.

When my X stopped, I did rlogin from other computer
and killed almost everything except processes like
init, those k* things and internet related damons.
But I couldn't erase my stopped screen or go back
to terminal. So I had to reboot my system.

Now, I have two questions, (1) how can I get back to
normal terminal when X server stops and screen doesn't
update even after X was killed? (2) How can I avoid
this mesa error?

Ariga Seiichi

ariga@cfdl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
ariga@m05.ctn.ne.jp