no /dev/dsp file !

Hello Everybody!.

When I run GNOME (gnome-session) I get a message (well a stream of messages
actually) on the console saying /dev/dsp file not found!.

Do I have to create /dev/dsp?, and if so how?

I it a link to something else?, if so what?

Or is this done by a seperate package, i.e. oss, alsa, ...

I have a Sound Blaster 1024 Live if that may help.

Thank you very much!!

Regards, Mark.

Mark Sanchez
a1013@dis.ulpgc.es, mr_jimmybob@yahoo.com.

"Kernel Panic" - GNU/Linux over nigth with the lights out!