Re: staroffice

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 03:13:10AM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 05:57:24PM -0700,
> Joseph de los Santos <jhou@info.com.ph> wrote:
> > hi, I recently installed staroffice and it works on only one
> > user (the default one) and I was wondering how I can make my
> > other users be able to use it too because when other users try
> > to execute soffice nothing happens. I tried changing the
> > permissions (chown, chgrp, chmod, and anything else I can think
> > of but still nothing happens). Hopefully somebody here can shed
> > some light on what I can do abt this.
>
> Star Office is incredibly stupid. You have to install it with the
> '/net' option, and then each user who wants to run it has to run
> the setup program.

Actually, the setup is run automajikally the first time each user
invokes StarOffice (soffice).

StarOffice is a bloated stuck pig.  It handles MS file formats fairly
well though.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  Evangelist, Opensales, Inc.                       http://www.opensales.org