Re: Gnus broken by Emacs upgrade!!

Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org> writes:

> After I did the upgrade today to Emacs 20.6-2, this happens whenever I
> try to run Gnus:

Yes, I got the same thing.  A stopgap measure that worked for me
was to go into /usr/share/emacs/20.6/lisp/gnus and delete all the
.elc files, leaving only the corresponding .el files.  Apparently
compiling these files triggers a bug.  (You will have to make sure
you have emacs20-el installed first, of course.)

I didn't report this as a bug because I assumed that it was my
own problem.  But I guess that it's not if others are having the
same trouble.