Re: how can I read a MS Word attachment with Debian software

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 09:51:11PM -0700, Erik Ryberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When someone sends me an attachment in word 97 or whatever, what is my
> best option for reading it with the software available on my Debian
> disk or the debian site?

apt-get install catdoc

Includes catdoc, wordview and xls2csv.  wordview requires Tk.  Outputs
text, LaTeX and Comma Separated Values (csv) for Excel[TM] files.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.