Re: Fetchmail

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 08:22:25PM -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:

> I have a fetchmail question. Im running potato with kernel 2.2.15 and when i
> try "fetchmail" I get an error:

Did you follow someone's advise and install exim? If so run eximconfig and
chose Option #2. Be sure localhost is listed as a domain you will relay for.
I believe that is one of the defaults now that eximconfig sets up for that
Option.

If you are still using sendmail then for some reason it is not running. Find
out by entering

ps ax | grep sendmail

You should see words to the effect that sendmail is listening on port 25. If
you don't then perhaps it is not running in daemon mode. (Ignore all this
business about inetd!)

Give us a little more information about any changes you make!

--
Bob Bernstein
at                          http://www.ruptured-duck.com