Re: how can I read a MS Word attachment with Debian software

:: On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 21:51:11 -0700, Erik Ryberg <ryberg@seanet.com> said:

> Hello,
> When someone sends me an attachment in word 97 or whatever, what is my
> best option for reading it with the software available on my Debian disk
> or the debian site?

You may try the "word2x" and "mswordview" packages... And I think
AbiWord is supposed to read .doc files, too, although I had problems
reading .docs generated by WordPerfect.

Oh, yes -- there's also WordPerfect, but you won't find it as a .deb
package (and it's a huge thing, you don't need it if you just wnt to
read the .docs you may receive).

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil