Re: Samba printing question

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 10:57:52AM +1200, C. Falconer wrote:
> Specifically about your question, I don't know.... but I have a DJ 850 here
> shared via samba (off the linux machine) and my win9x boxes have the HP
> driver for the 850 (1)
>
> Why do you need to use a laserwriter driver?
>
> (1)	the HP drivers give much better quality colour than Micros~1 supplied
> drivers

Probably, but the 520 is a black & white printer.  It was my
understanding that I needed to use a driver which output a format which
magicfilter understood.  That's the way I have set up printcap anyway,
but there are other ways to do it. Therefore I picked a postscript
driver.  The HP drivers I have for the 520 predate Windows 95.