Re: XF4.0 deb eta?

Ok,
  This is a very good reason.  I did get the binary installed and
running happily.  I still like the idea of .deb so I'll clean and
re-install when they come out, but this probably the best reason
to wait.

Robert

Thus spake Sean 'Shaleh' Perry (shaleh@valinux.com):

> On 27-May-2000 Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >

> > Ok,
> >   Not trying to tick anyone off, but I need the NVIDIA driver for my new
> > video card and it appears to require XF-4.0.  I'd rather keep to .debs and
> > not go source or converted .rpm, so I can keep my box "clean"...
> > Anyone got an eta or a really cookbooks install/config for putting 4.0
> > on a "woody" system.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> roughly a month.  The debian maintainer is waiting on 4.0.1.  Several large
> bugs, attacks, etc are closed in this release.  Also support for non x86
> hardware is added, which is important for Debian, we have a strong base of
> SPARC users.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: