Re: staroffice

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 05:57:24PM -0700,
Joseph de los Santos <jhou@info.com.ph> wrote:
> hi, I recently installed staroffice and it works on only one
> user (the default one) and I was wondering how I can make my
> other users be able to use it too because when other users try
> to execute soffice nothing happens. I tried changing the
> permissions (chown, chgrp, chmod, and anything else I can think
> of but still nothing happens). Hopefully somebody here can shed
> some light on what I can do abt this.

Star Office is incredibly stupid. You have to install it with the
'/net' option, and then each user who wants to run it has to run
the setup program.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
 necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
 going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as
 they fly overhead."
 --RFC 1925