Re: UPS wars: APC vs Tripplite?

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 10:19:34AM -0500, Jeff Noxon wrote:
> Have you looked at Best Power?  The Fortress line is very competitive with
> APC, and comes with software and source code!  Onvia.com carries them,
> and with free shipping and the various $25 coupon codes floating around...
> You can't beat the price!  I bought one on back-order, and it arrived in
> two days.  I've had several Fortress units in use at the office for the
> last year and a half, and they have been flawless so far.
>
> APC's recent low-end/midrange products have had failure rates over 60%
> (of a dozen units) for me in less than two years.  APC's older products
> were much more reliable.  As always, your mileage may vary.

I agree with Jeff, Best Power makes nice units, and last time I checked,
they had some nice "always on" units that didn't have any switchover
time at all.

APC's low-end stuff has pretty much turned to junk over the last few
years, IMHO.  Slow switchover times, noisy power at cutover, etc.

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>