Re: HELP

>     I have just installed debian on my i386, with 'older' bios.  I have a 170 meg hd.  I am up to making the boot hd/floppy.  It will not do either of these.  On the hd, it brings up a message about a small 5-10mg boot sector.  And on the floppy it gives a message about, make sure the disk is in dr1 and not wrtie protected.  Could you please explain the small 5-10meg partition to me so i can boot linux.  THANKYOU
not sure, what you are talking about, but with a 170 meg disk i would
create a swap partition (if needed) and put everything else into one
partition, so the space is used optimally.
as this disk is really tiny and has for sure less than 1024 cylinders,
lilo will have no problems, so you need no /boot partition (this is
probably meant by 5-10meg partition).

eg:
hda1: 150 meg, mounted /
hda2: 20 meg, swap (assuming 8 or 16 meg real ram).

If Windows is the answer, I want the problems back!