Re: 3C905 with AsusTek K7V

I seem to recall problems with older 3c59x.o modules and newer 3C905 NICs.
Newer kernels have a module that works; older ones need to have the newer
version of the module (available from Don Becker's site,
http://www.scyld.com/network/index.html) patched in. SInce you don't say
what version of Debian or what kernel you are using, you might be
experiencing this problem.

In the output you sent, the key line is:

>eth0: 3Com 3c59x Boomerang 100baseTx at 0xa400, 00:60:97:ba:91:1d, IRQ 255
>  *** Warning: IRQ 255 is unlikely to work! ***

Do you really get this same line when you set... the IRQ for the card to 5
in the BIOS"? Did you also set the BIOS to "non-PnP" operating system?

At 01:09 AM 5/24/00 -0700, Nolan Clark wrote:
>My 3C905 nic does not seem to work with the K7V motherboard. The card works
>fine in windows, but it will not work in redhat or debian linux.  Redhat
>didn't have much in the way of errors, but debian produced some very
>interesting things during boot up:
[details deleted]

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com