Re: Ethernet installation

At 04:54 PM 5/23/00 -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:
>Im sorry to ask this again, what do I do to add another ethernet card to my
>box. I want to add a Kingston to eth1 and I cant remember the way to do it.

Am I right in assuming you are talking about a pci card? As I recall,
Kingston cards use tulip.o, and need a fairly recent version of the module
(no problem on potato, but may need a kernel upgrade on slink).

So ... EXACTLY what you do depends on what you have as eth0, but in general
you plug in the card, let the BIOS's PnP take care of IRQ and IO assignment,
and add the tulip module to the list in /etc/modules (assuming you have
tulip.o available for your kernel).

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com