Re: Dumb X Windows Question

At 08:57 PM 5/22/00 -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:
>Ok I have another dumb question.
>If I want to install X Windows what do I do. I have already tried "apt-get
>install xserver-svga" and it installs, but when I try to run the XF86Config
>I get "command not found" and I get the same for XF86Setup. What did I
>forget to install?

XF86Config isn't a command; it's a data file. The command is "xf86config". I
imagine it is in xserver-common.

XF86Setup is a command, but it's from a supplemental package ... xf86setup,
I believe ... and it requires that you have the VGA16 X server installed
(package xf86-vga16).

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com