installation problems

Hi Folks,

I?m a newby with all this Debian stuff, so please, excuse me if I?m asking
something evident.
I?m trying to install Debian 2.1 (slink) in a Dell computer: Pentium III
(550 MHz), 128 MB RAM, 10 GB HD.
I?ve made the following partition (don?t forget I?m a newby...):
/dev/hda1/ ............. 5 GB (Win98)
/dev/hda2/ ............. 128 MB (linux swap)
/dev/hda3/ ............. 4.8 GB (linux native)

Everything goes fine until the dselect stage.... When you choose one of the
profiles, e.g. dial-up, you only have to Access, Update and Install. Access
and Update goes ok, but, unfortunately, the Install option send me an error
message, actually error code 1, and nothing else happens. One more thing: I
don?t have the non_US, non_free files on my Debian distribution, so I had
to put none when the installation asked me about them.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Pena