Re: modem question

**External** modems don't have IRQs and ioports; serial ports do. Which
serial port did you plug it into -- /dev/ttyS0 (DOS's COM1) or /dev/ttyS1
(DOS's COM2)?

You can use "setserial" in probe mode (e.g., "setserial /dev/ttyS0") to find
out what the current settings are for a serial device. You need to have
serial support in the kernel or loaded as a module for this to work.

Beyond that ... it is easier to help if you say more than "cant succed"
about what you tried and what went wrong.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com