Re: overhead slides?

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
>Is there any DFSG free software for producing overhead slides?
>
>Something like seminar.sty (latex) would be ideal, but thats in
>tetex-nonfree.

Quoting from the start of /usr/share/doc/tetex-nonfree/copyright.seminar.gz:

#With the agreement of Timothy Van Zandt  (now tvz@zandtwerk.kellogg.nwu.edu),
#the distributions conditions on seminar are now relaxed to:
#
# This package may be distributed under the terms of the LaTeX Project Public
# License, as described in lppl.txt in the base LaTeX distribution.
# Either version 1.0 or, at your option, any later version.
#
#This overrides the conditions listed below. A new version of
#"seminar" is in preparation by Timothy van Zandt.
#
#June 3rd 1999

This should mean, as far as I know, that seminar is DFSG free
nowadays. (Most of LaTeX2e appears to be licensed under the same LPPL
license.)

Given this, I don't know why seminar is still in tetex-nonfree.
Perhaps I should file a bug report?

>Also, gs often produces the following fatal gs error when viewing it
>with gv. :-(.

I haven't seen that, but then, I haven't produced more than a few sets
of slides. Use xdvi as a workaround?

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi