Re: bugrepporting

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Kreaped Ripping Reaper wrote:

> i'm trying to help in debian by sending some bug reports so i'm using
> 'bug' it asked me for the problem and then it checks some
> dependencies... but after that... it drops me on an editor.. how do i
> send the bug-report?
>
> pls help me any of those who uses 'bug' for bug-reporting

Type in your problem description in the editor, then save the file and
exit. The bug program will continue and use e-mail to send your bug report
to debian.

If you wish to use another editor than 'vi', try setting the EDITOR
variable to something suitable in your shell, e.g.

export EDITOR=pico

If you don't receive email to the machine you are using the bug program
on, set the EMAIL variable to your preferred email address, e.g.

export EMAIL='kreaper@kreaper.fake.cx'

Regards,

Pontus

--
Pontus Lidman, pontus@mathcore.com, Software Engineer
No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.