How to install via local ftp?

I have a PC (called knock) without CD-ROM drive. I set up a base system
from floppy, set up networking, can ping and manually ftp without problem
with the rest of my network. Now I like to mount a Debian CD on my server
(knick) and install software on knock via ftp with apt-get. I set up the
source, but apt complains it can't ftp anonymous, so it can't get the
source package list. How to I go about this? I don't have NFS experience,
so I'd prefer ftp. My network is only local, no internet, so security is
not a problem. Anyone? --hans

P.S. in case you're wondering, my third PC is called knack :-)