How to configure X?

Hello, I have just installed debian GNU/Linux. I selected the Workstation_Comp or something like that so I could get some packages installed and not have to use the [S]elect step in dselect. I thought it would install everything I need for X Window, but I guess not... I can't run it.

I allready ran XF68Setup, as well as xf86config, and I also downloaded and installed the correct drivers for my graphics card (Diamond Viper V770 Ultra). I have configured and installed those drivers in other Linux distributions (Red Hat 6 and Slackware 7), but I can't do it in Debian.

When I use startx I errors like: "_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
and after that some errors about "directory not found".

I also downloaded all the xf86_servers, that is: svga, vga16, mono, etc, etc, etc...

Thanks for all your help.

/*
 * Eduardo Hidalgo Contreras (Azteca).
 * eduardo@tij.cetys.mx  azteca79@yahoo.com
 * Tijuana, B.C., México.
 * "¡Hasta la Victoria Siempre!" - Ernesto "Che" Guevara
*/