Re: [*]ntfs and kernel

Ok scrap that idea. That's what I get for posting without thinking. Plan
(b), note I might be entirely wrong again, is that installing the .deb for
2.0.33 is a rather bad idea, you should be compiling the support in using
the 2.0.38 kernel source. I would have thought that NTFS support would be
an option inside make menuconfig (or whatever make method you use), and by
installing the 2.0.33 version you've effectively downgraded the NTFS
support. Note again that it's so long since I played with Hamm that I
could be wrong. Point I'm making is, you should be looking for a
ntfs2.0.38* deb package or a module option within the 2.0.38 source for
your NTFS support. Being a potato user I can't advise any further.

If I am wrong again, I will effectively quarantine my support services
until my braincells reach an acceptably high number.

Cheers,
 Corey Popelier
 http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~pancreas
 Work Email: copo@commerce.wa.gov.au